every adventure begins with a first step
10 REASONS TO JOIN SOPi:
1. To be part of the strongest Asian American sisterhood-- over 80 years of history and service!
2. To make a difference in the Asian American community.
3. To know that someone is always watching your back - you're never alone.
4. To build friendships that will last a lifetime.
5. To know that you will always have someone to talk to or to listen to you.
6. To meet new people who make your social and academic life in college more memorable.
7. To gain leadership skills that will make you a better person as a whole and help you get ahead in the future.
8. To get to know and bond with other girls from your school and other prestigious schools across California and in the East Coast.
9. To have a group of girls who aren't just friends, but sisters for life.
10. To be part of a group that is not just an organization, but a family.
WHAT IS A SORORITY?
A sorority is a group of women joined together for fellowship and friendship, sharing a lifelong common bond of sisterhood.
WHAT IS "RUSH"?
Rush is an opportunity for potential members to become acquainted with the Sisters of Sigma Omicron Pi. It consists of many fun and exciting events for rushes to attend, usually during the first two weeks of school. It is also a chance just to meet new people and to have fun.
DOES IT COST ANYTHING TO RUSH?
No, all rush events are free!
WHEN DO I NEED TO MAKE A RESERVATION?
Simple! Just drop by any of our events listed on our websites and flyers at the specified place and time. Rides are also provided by the members of Sigma Omicron Pi if needed. Please keep in mind that you must attend at least 2 events + 1 GIM to qualify for a bid.
WHAT KIND OF ACTIVITIES DOES SIGMA OMICRON PI HOLD?
We hold sisterhood events, fundraisers, parties, exchanges with other greek organizations and provide service to our community.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF SIGMA OMICRON PI?
The purpose of Sigma Omicron Pi is to promote lifelong friendships through a commitment to unity, provide leadership training, to dedicate the highest standard of service to the community and to promote Asian American awareness.
WHAT IS SIGMA OMICRON PI?
Sigma Omicron Pi is not just a sorority or an organization on campus. Most importantly, Sigma Omicron Pi is a SISTERHOOD! The meaning of sisterhood brings warmth, trust, and loyalty within us. As sisters, we become much more than just friends. We are able to lean on each other during times of hardship and stress. Our bond of sisterhood grows stronger due to our willingness to sacrifice for each other. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, we are confronted with the thoughts of our lifelong companionship and trust. As a sister, you are never alone and will always have support from the sisters of SOPi!
WHAT IS PLEDGING?
Pledging is perhaps the most important part of understanding the values of sisterhood. When you decide to pledge for Sigma Omicron Pi, you are pledging your time, heart, and dedication to learning the true meaning of sisterhood. The challenges and obstacles you face along with your pledge sisters will only make you stronger as an individual yet develop the skills to work as a team. Through our encouragement and support, Sigma Omicron Pi becomes a supportive network for you to achieve academic and social growth.
Feel free to come out and meet the sisters. All events are free and non binding. See you there! :)
-Mari and Tiffany, your rush chairs
BE OUR SPRING 2021 UPSILON CLASS
Christine Wu 718.696.9711
Use our quick email form! The message will go straight to our president's email. quick and easy.